- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Supportive and friendly team culture
- Discounts on our delicious products
- Paid day off for your birthday!
If you love cooking and preparing food, and want to make it your job, then look no further!
As a Kitchen Assistant in Grey Lynn Farro's Deli Kitchen, you will work on preparing and assembling a range of products and recipes. This is a great opportunity to get some experience in a commercial kitchen without the pressure of service cooking. In this varied role you will also get a chance to serve customers in the afternoons, so it's an excellent chance to use and grow multiple skills. Farro is a food lover's haven and we love to bring people into our team who have an appreciation for quality food!
This role involves working a minimum of 30 hours per week, 6am - 2.30pm on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
What we are looking for:
- A good understanding of and interest in food, and food-preparation
- Good eye for detail
- Ability to follow recipes proficiently
- Clean and tidy work habits
- A good understanding of H&S and Food Safety practices
- Commercial kitchen experience highly preferred
- Customer service skills and experience
- Knife handling skills highly preferred
- Barista skills preferred but not necessary
Only candidates who are legally entitled to work in NZ will be considered for this role.